Cottages At Oak Hill Farm
Three rustic cedar board and baton cottages fit into the wooded southern face of Oak Hill in South Hiram, just 6 miles from downtown Cornish. Each open-floor-plan cottage has been furnished as if the owners were entertaining our own family and friends. Interesting artwork adorns the walls, a tall bookcase contains an ample collection of DVDs and VHS movies, a diverse library (including children’s books), puzzles and board games. A desk has been provided for aspiring authors or delinquent correspondents. Your comfort is ensured with individual heaters, an overhead fan and air conditioning. Each bath has a four-foot shower with water fed from our own spring and thick thirsty towels. Coffee makers, small refrigerators and microwaves allow visitors to prepare their own light breakfast to enjoy on the screened porch surrounded by the Oak Hill flora and fauna. Little woodland creatures and birds abound or you may see deer, a flock of wild turkeys or glimpse a Piliated Woodpecker darting into the woods. Guest are free to explore the trails though our sugar bush, the original dogsled trails that gave Husky Haven its name or climb to the 1300’ summit of Oak Hill to enjoy the views. These seasonal cottages are available from April 1 through the Fall.
BEAR LODGE: This cozy cottage is furnished with a king size bed and a built-in cupboard bed – twin size – reminiscent of the nook Heidi slept in at Grandfather’s. And, yes, the book “Heidi” is right beside the bed.
WOLF LODGE: Two queen pineapple post beds are made up with fluffy comforters. In addition a twin bed is built into an alcove complete with glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling.
EAGLE LODGE: This airy lodge features two massive queen size carved bedsteads and a sofa-bed.
WINSTON BROWNE HOUSEKEEPING COTTAGE: The 750 sf Winston Browne Cottage features a fully equipped kitchen with a three-season porch. The back bedroom has a queen bed, the lower bedroom has a king and there is a sleep-sofa in the living room. As with the other cottages the living room is stocked with a collection of movies, games and puzzles. The Browne Cottage is available year round, is heated and air conditioned.
Smoking is not allowed in the cottages. No pets, please. Weekly rate are available. Rates on our website are subject to change without notice. Check-in is 3 PM and checkout is noon.
HIGH ACRES MAPLE SYRUP is also at Oak Hill Farm. Art and Sue Melanson have a retail shop in the Barn and are happy to give tours of the maple syrup operation by request at any time.
South Hiram (Off Triptown Road)
14 Husky Haven
South Hiram, ME 04041 United States
One Cottage is open Year Round, The other three are Seasonal. Reservations required.
Mailing Address: 14 Husky Haven,
South Hiram, ME 04041
Business Owner or Key Contact: Sue & Art Melanson
Coffee, Donuts, Bagels, Muffins, and Sandwiches!
Mailing Address: 204 Maple Street
Cornish, Maine 04020
Business Owner or Key Contact: Billy Anastasiadis
Lunch, Dinner. Greek and American Restaurant and Pub.
Mailing Address: 156 Maple Street
Cornish, ME 04020
Business Owner or Key Contact: Christus Anastasiadis
Pizza, Pasta, Seafood, Hot & Cold Sandwiches, Salads and more… Daily Specials; legendary Hand Cut French Fries.
- Hearty Breakfasts Daily with a Lavish Sunday Breakfast Buffet.
- Customized cakes and party platters available with advance notice.
- Spacious Eat In, Take Out or Drive Thru, Plenty of Parking
- A perfect place for family get-togethers, hunter breakfasts, athletic team celebrations and Red Hat Lady luncheons.
Mailing Address: PO Box 225
Cornish, ME 04020
Business Owner or Key Contact: Brian St. Saviour
Year around accommodations conveniently located on Route 25 in Cornish.
Check in is temporally moved to the back entrance.
All rooms have:
- Fireplace and AC with romote
- Plasma TV with cable
- Free wireless internet
- Hair dryer
- Large size private bathroom
- Computer desk and conversation area
We also provide:
- Common kitchen area provided for our guests offers coffee makers and supplies, Ice machine, microwave, iron and ironing board.
- Two family suites
- One handicap accessible room
- Plenty of parking and a snowmobile trail that leads right to the door. Our full service restaurant is conveniently available downstairs.
Mailing Address: 185 Main St., Cornish, ME 04020
Business Owner or Key Contact: Shoahong Jiang
We have completed re-decorating and are welcoming reservations for 2018!
16 comfortable rooms in a beautiful 200 year-old historic Inn.
Hearty Innkeepers breakfast included each morning.
Please visit our website to view the rooms or give us a call for more information.
Rick and Lori Rowland
Mailing Address: 2 High Road
Cornish, ME 04020
Business Owner or Key Contact: Rick and Lori Rowland
Located midway between the White Mountains of New Hampshire and the Maine coast you will find The Midway Country Lodging tucked away in the unspoiled southwestern lake and mountain region of Maine. We welcome you to the quaint town of Cornish Maine, situated along the Saco and Ossipee Rivers amid spectacular Western Maine Mountain scenery. We are also convenient to North Conway, NH, and Sebago Lake Region of Maine. At The Midway Country Lodging you will be pleasantly surprised by the hospitality, personal touches and individually decorated rooms that is not a typical, but a rare lodging experience. In addition, you will also enjoy all the amenities, privacy, and conveniences that both our lodging and area offers.
Enjoy warm & friendly Year ’round Spectacular Mountain view lodging accommodations that we hope will surprise and surpass your expectations.
Unique touches of charm and styling accents each room which also include:
- Flat Screen cable TV w/remote
- Microwave Refrigerator
- Coffee Station w/coffee maker and supplies
- Business desk work area
- All Non-Smoking
- Private Baths w/shower /Tubs & Hairdryers
- Free Wireless Internet access
- Individual room air conditioning/heating systems
- Easy & Direct access to Snowmobile Trails
- Outdoor Mountain View
- New Garden Picnic & Grilling Area (just bring small portable grill!)
- 10 Ground-Level rooms for convenient parking & Unloading (at your door!)
- 2 Deluxe 2nd floor rooms with Balconies and Bistro set seating to enjoy a breathtaking View
- First level grand Victorian décor room w/Jacuzzi an experience to escape-in and relax! A must see!
Mailing Address: 712 So. Hiram Road
Cornish, Maine 04020
Business Owner or Key Contact: Ron & Eileen McKinney
Welcome to the Historic Walter Perkin’s Mansion, circa 1870, located in the quaint village of Cornish, Maine. We are centrally located to many activities and adventures the beautiful state of Maine has to offer: beaches, city life and lobster!
Air BnB Home Away
- Work, Travel, or Wedding – Rooms in Main House & attached Carriage House
- Guests have access to kitchen, study, family room, common areas and bath, as well as screened porch, wrap around porches and yard. Pretty much everywhere! We even have access to a 4th floor widows walk, complete with deck, awesome moon and star gazing
- We live on property and we leave the interaction level to our wonderful guests! We are very friendly, having spent the majority of our lives in the South…and we, too, love to travel, and would be more than willing to provide suggestions for your trip!
- Our home is within walking distance to downtown historic Cornish. We have a welcoming wraparound porch, complete with a bed swing and beautiful perennial gardens! This is a residential area, but just a few steps from the antique shops and Krista’s! Other eateries are available in Cornish and easy to travel.
- Walking for food and antiques..car works great, too! We have plenty of parking.
- We have 3 rooms inside main home (3 baths..1 is downstairs). These rooms all have Queen size beds and themed rooms: The Americano, The Vintage and The Garden. Max occupancy for each main home rooms is 2.
- We also have a carriage house with Queen size bed, media area, small kitchenette. The carriage house can sleep 4 comfortably.
- TELEVISION is in the carriage house rental, not the main house bedrooms, however, feel free to use the common area television.
Mailing Address: 3 old School Street
Cornish, Maine 04020
Business Owner or Key Contact: Keith & Gretchen Benggio