Pike Hall at front door
Main Street, Cornish Village
Office open most Thursdays 1:oopm to 5:00pm or by appointment
Call Linda at 207-650-7484
The purpose of the Cornish Historical Society is to collect and preserve the history of the town of Cornish, Maine. We were incorporated in 1993, just prior to the town's Bicentennial. One of our first projects was to edit and republish the town history book accomplished in time for the Bicentennial Celebration held in 1994. See a member to purchase a copy.
Here are the names of our Officers as of June 21, 2012. Feel free to contact any of them for further information about the Cornish Historical Society.
||Linda Carr Griffin
Current Projects: If you would like to assist us in any of these areas, please contact us.
- We are sorting pictures and memorabilia of the town's history. If you have any pictures to give or to lend to us, please let us know. We need asistance in identifying photos.
- We have for sale, Images of America, a compilation of pictures and stories of the history of Cornish, Limerick, Limington, Newfield and Porter-Parsonsfield Historical Societies.
- We also have for sale A History of the Town of Cornish, Maine, compiled by Leola C Ellis and Kera C. Millard printed in 1994.
- We are searching for a larger more permanent home for the society. In our present location we are limited to what we can have on display due to lack of space.
- March 18 Bake Sale during voting hours at Pike Memorial Hall on Town Meeting Day on from about 9-5 PM. FMI 625-4813
- April 2013 “Daffodil Days” first blooming in of the thousands of bulbs planted around the village, sponsored by Cornish Historical Society and CAB. Enjoy our beautiful town! Bring your cameras!
- April 27 “Daffodil Duck Derby” 11 AM race begins at the Mill Pond. Prizes and family fun…FMI Cynthia Mason 671-6354
- July Exhibit at the Grange Building during the Ossipee Valley Fair
- September 28 Cornish Apple Festival will have a booth for Cornish Historical Society with exhibit and materials for sale.
- December Annual Holiday Tea Program TBA
Meetings scheduled for:
- Thursdays, Feb 21, March 14@ 6:30 PM at Cote and Howe office, FMI 625-4813